Wednesday 25 February 2009

Thriller editing

Thriller editing

This is a very crucial and important week for all thriller media students. Our group have an aim to finish our editing as quick as possible which is why me, Qiu-Ling and Krisztina were dedicated to stay in through our break and lunch time to try and do as much editing as we can. Unfortunately, Hamsa was not in today as he had a back pain however, he was determined to finish the work as soon as he comes back tomorrow. After college today, me, Qiu-Ling and Krisztina decided to get started on the sound for our thriller. As Krisztina, and Qiu-ling did a lot of work today I decided to stay for longer after college to put some sound on our video clip just to check and see what works. I kept on playing around with sound pro and came up with loads of ideas in the editing room. Because of this, I lost track of time and didn’t realise that I stayed at college till 6.30pm when everyone was gone and I was the only one left asking Mary who was a helpful media teacher to listen to my sound and see if she liked it. I received positive feedback about the sound I have created and I am quite exited to show the rest of my group what I’ve done. We will decide tomorrow as a group when we meet up at lunch time whether or not the sound fits in with our thriller and see if we could add any adjustments.

Before editing our video clip today, we decided to go outside and record a quick clip of me murdering Qiu-Ling as part of our opening sequence. We have decided this as we went through all of our footage to see where we could put each clip and realised that it didn’t make much sense without a murder scene. As a result of this, we used our initiative and asked Dan to give us a knife so we could use it in our college Basement and made it look it we was at the back of the N1 centre in Angel, where we shot the previous scene of Hamsa and Qiu-Ling. Krisztina was recording me and Qiu-Ling’s murder scene. This took up our break time but it was worth it because we got quite a lot done in one day. We are at a stage where we are almost finished and tomorrow we will just edit the video to make it perfect. We will add some finishing touches such as effects and make sure our clip lengths are correct. The sound is almost done so we will just make sure everything fits perfectly together. After this, we will add in our title and cut it with the key images in our sequence such as the rose petals.

No comments: